Male Reproductive System –
- Prostate: add fluid to the sperm – this compound is semen.
- Sex glands add nutrients to the sperm – this is semen.
- Sperm duct: travels sperm down this tube to be mixed with nutrients from the glands
- Urethra allows urine and sperm down this exit of the body. A ring of muscle separate the two fluids
- Testis produce sperm by meiosis and produces testosterone
- Penis injects sperm into the vagina
Female Reproductive System –
- Oviduct/Fallopian tube: Egg travels down this tube once matured, where the egg is fertilized
- Vagina: Muscular tube between the cervix outside of the body. This is where the penis will enter
- Cervix: Muscular ring at the bottom of the uterus that keeps the baby in it until it is ready to be born.
- Ovary: The eggs (female gamete) are released from going under meiosis
- Urethra: Tube that carries urine out of the body
- Uterus (womb): Where the fetus grows surrounded by amniotic fluid