Homeostasis: The maintenance of a constant internal environment. You need to maintain water level and body temperature. The maintenance is done by the hypothalamus in the brain.
- Goose bumps (This traps air by hair on end, air is a layer of insulation)
- Muscle spasms (shivers)
- Blood vessels constrict, warm blood kept inside the body, vasoconstriction
- Sweat glands produce sweat and sweat evaporates from skin to cool the body
- Blood vessels open up (vasodilation) to allow more blood to flow through the capillaries
- You flush red, loose heat by radiation through the skin