- At the highest point of the swing, it has the highest GPE as it is far from earth, and has the lowest KE, as it slows to the stop point
- Bottom of the swing, lowest GPE as it is closest to earth, highest KE as it goes quickly past the bottom point
- Between the points: Pendulum upwards : work is being transferred from KE to GPE
- Pendulum downwards : Work is being transferred from GPE to KE
- The pendulum demonstrates that energy is conserved, changing between different forms.
- Energy can be lost from the pendulum because it slows down/energy is transferred into heat or sound